This collection is under constructionView all products
No matter what room you’re decorating, it’s important to choose the right area rug to anchor your design and tie all of your accessories together into a cohesive whole. We have an outstanding selection of rugs to choose from, and you can narrow the search by price and size to make shopping easier. Looking for large living room area rugs, we have those, looking for round ones, we have those too!
How to Decorate With an Area Rug
An area rug is an integral part of home decor, and they work for any homeowner looking to add a bit of color and pizzazz to a room. Area rugs also work well for apartment dwellers and students living in college dorms, and they allow you to personalize the space without making changes to the wall color or other permanent fixtures. Here’s how to make area rugs work in any room:
- Foyer: Welcome guests with a soft rug that introduces your personal style just inside the front door, hallway or atrium.
- Living Room: Use a rug to connect a sofa and side chairs or as a base to a coffee table.
- Dining Room: Place a large area rug under the main table to anchor the decor and provide comfort underfoot.
- Kitchen: An area rug can bring warmth to cold tile floors and serve to visually divide the eating area from the food prep area in open concept kitchens.
- Bedroom: Place a large rug at the foot of the bed with a bench for seating, or add a rug near the closet for a cozy changing area.
Tips for Buying Area Rugs
For living room rugs, make sure that your rug reaches the edge of your sofa and chairs. A large area rug is versatile, because you can tuck more of it under the sofa to create a smaller conversation area, or spread your furniture out for a more expansive space. Most designers agree that furniture should be at least partially on the rug to tie everything together.
For modern rug lovers, our favorite is the Jax Orange Area Rug. The orange patterns on a white backdrop is perfect for mid century modern!
In the dining room, choose a rug that’s easy to clean so that accidental spills aren’t heartbreaking. A low−pile rug will be easier to vacuum on a regular basis. An 8 x 10 rug is perfect for dining tables that seat four to eight people. Intricate patterns that use several colors will also disguise crumbs or debris in between cleanings.
*Cedar Park, Lakeway, Brushy Creek, Round Rock, Pflugerville, Leander, Shady Hollow, Wells Branch, Georgetown, Hutto, Buda, Kyle, Manor, Oak Hill, Bee Caves, Wet Lake, Valente, Northwest Hills, Del Valley, Taylor, Spece wood, Dripping Springs, Wimberly, Elgin.*